February 16, 2012

My father's daughter

I love my daddy. I really do. And yes, I'm 25 and married and I still call him daddy. And it is becoming more and more apparent that I am every bit my father's daughter.

The man has a hard time finishing projects. He has no trouble starting them, it's just the following through and finishing that he has problems with. Example #1: We tore down half of our lake cabin in August of 2004 to rebuild it with a different lay out. It's still not done. Yup, do the math in your head quick. Yup, you're right, it's been 7 1/2 years.

My dad also doesn't have a problem with creating piles of things to get to later. The dining room table at my parents house usually has 2 or 3 piles on it, there's another one on top of the filing cabinet, another next to his spot on the couch in the living room.

I make piles. It's drives my Mr crazy. He asks me all the time why I can't just look through these things and decide weather to keep them or not and if I need them, where should they go. My piles really weren't a big issue until the Mr move in with me. Now he has to see the piles all the time and not just on the weekends. But I really don't know why it bothers him so much. His parents make piles, there is almost always stuff all over their dining room table.

I also have issues with starting projects and not finishing them. I think I told you about my craft room but now as I look back through posts I can't seem to find it. Grr... Anyway, last summer I got a table from my parents (that was being stored at the lake cabin!) that they didn't want/need anymore. The Mr and I sanded it and painted it white and put it in the 2nd bedroom so that I could have a place to craft and I wouldn't have to spread all of my crap out all over the dining room table. That was probably in June. I have yet to "make" anything in that room. Most of my crafting happens on the living room floor because my craft room looks like this:
Sorry- I can't get it to go smaller. But you get the idea- it's a mess! It has wedding gifts waiting to be put away, it has crafts that are half done, it has skis, it has a tv that I can't get to work right, it has gifts bags and tissue paper that are waiting to be folded and re-used (yes, I do that). It's actually a little embarassing. I really need to do something about it.

But, with out further ado, here he is, my dad:
Well actually, that's both of us on a church ski trip last year. Aren't we cute?

What about you? Are you like your parents?

Love, Mrs. K

No comments:

Post a Comment