January 31, 2012

Renters Insurance...

Way back at the begining of the month I called my car insurance provider and added the Mr to my plan and I added renter's insurance to our plan. Apparently it's a good idea to have it. I've been renting for 3 1/2 years (counting college) without it but whatever...

One of the questions that the guy at the insurance company asked me was if I ran a business out of my home. I don't. But it got me thinking about how much I want to. I would love to be able to work from home. I would love to be able to make things, sell them, and have that be my job. I know that it would be hard. I know that I would have problems finding the motivation to do work and to make things. I know that I would have to sacrifice other things because I probably couldn't make the same kind of money that I do here at the church (which isn't much, believe me). But I would love the freedom. And I would love to be home with our children someday. But then I think about the reality of it all and the kind of things that I know how to make and that I'm good at making are the kind of things that etsy is already full of. Do you guys think that the market is already over saturated with homemade crafty things? Do you think there's room for one more? Do you think I'm crazy?

For those of you that do run a crafty business out of your home: do you find that you make enough to survive on? Do you feel pressure to be creative and make new things? Do you have motivation to make things? Do you still like crafting or does it take the fun out of it?

I don't really know where to go with this or what to make of these feelings that I have. I'm just throwing questions out there for the time being. We'll see what comes of it.

Love, Mrs. K

No comments:

Post a Comment