October 24, 2011

Umm, I'm not having a baby

Yesterday the future Mr and I went to play Bingo at the bar and resturant my mom manages. I Bingo-ed on the first game and almost missed it! Honestly, who doesn't pay close attention to her bingo card??

After Bingo was over we stayed to watch the rest of the Vikings game. I love the Vikings and I will never cheer for any other team but I'm wondering why I'm still watching them this season?! It is heart breaking to watch them start the game great every week and then just throw it away. Ugh.

The whole time we were there, I had 1 alcoholic drink then I switched to pop and water because I had to drive back to the town that I live in. After I had switched a lady came and sat down next to me to play bingo with her friends. After bingo was over she asked me when my baby was due.

Excuse me?

I looked at her blankly for a second then realized I should probably respond so I said "I'm not having a baby." She looked me up and down and then apologized and mumbled something about how because I was drinking pop she just assumed. She looked me up and down! What the crap! Couldn't she have just taken my word for it. Obivously I would know if I was preggo! (I for sure am NOT expecting, believe me, I will shout it from the rooftop when I am.) And what does not drinking alcohol have to do with it! I know lots of people that don't drink at all and it isn't cuz they're preggo!! I went into the bathroom and I cried a little. I know that I weigh more then I should but it's spread out around my body. My stomach doesn't stick way out in front of me. And I'm working on health issues/eating better. I thought I looked good yesterday, I guess not. When I came back from the bathroom the future Mr asked me what was wrong and I had to lie to him. If I would have told him what she said to me I would've started crying right there, and who knows what he would have said to the lady. When we got in the car to go back to my parents house (where I ended up staying last night anyway) I told him the truth and God bless him, he just held me hand, let me cry, and told me he thinks I'm beautiful.

Seriously- who asks someone when they're due if they don't know for sure that they are expecting?!? You should never do that! Especially when you don't know the person! The only time that is acceptable is when they have a baby on board shirt on (I don't know if I've ever actually seen one of those). I felt so terrible after she said that. It was a crappy way to end the weekend.

Love, a future Mrs. (without a baby)

3 comments:

  1. That is horrible! Where are peoples manners... ugh people are so rude and I just hate it! Sorry sweetie that you had to deal with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the same thing happen to me at work only it was by a guy who probably weighed 400 pounds. Needless to say I try to avoid him at all costs. Sarah, remember psalm 139 and never let anyone tell you that you are anything less than beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People are so rude! They don't have filters...they just say whatever they feel like, not thinking that it might hurt someones feelings. UGH!

    ReplyDelete