October 18, 2011

Homecoming

Last weekend was and is always my 2nd favorite weekend of the year (nothing beats birthday weekend!). It was homecoming at Concordia which is where I went to college!

There is a group of 5 of us that have gotten together for all 3 homecomings since we graduated and we plan to always get together that weekend for homecoming/girls weekend. It's the best. My soul needs it. You know how you just need girlfirends?

left to right: Jammie, Rachel, Megan (college roomie & b-maid), Becky & me
This is the 5 of us in front of the bell tower in the middle of campus. I love these girls!! And I love that we can all get together and just be together. We don't have to do something, nobody has an agenda. We just hang out. Sure we got on each others nerves but when you have 5 girls sharing a one bedroom/one bathroom apartment for the weekend tensions are going to run high every now and then. And heaven forbid we all be ready to leave at the same time. Haha!!

But my weekend actually started on Thursday. I left work about 3:30 and headed for the Fargo/Moorhead area. I met my friend Tasha (one of my b-maids) and got to see her new apartment. Then we went and met our friend Ashley, got to see her new house (I can't believe I have friends that are building houses!!) and then the 3 of us went to the Mexican Village for dinner. I love being with these two girls. The only thing that would make it better is if the rest of the high school girls were there. After dinner I went to my sister's apartment to hang out and spend the night with her.

On Friday it was on to homecoming festivities. I went to chapel (Concordia is a college of the Evangelical Lutheran Churches of America (ELCA)), then I had coffee with Pastor Tessa who is one of the campus pastors at Concordia. I love her. And our relationship didn't really start until after college. It started at a continuing ed event.

Then I did some shopping! I found a dress for my bridal shower in a few weeks, then I went and picked up the future Mr's wedding band. He is so excited, he's like a kid at Christmas!

After that I went to Rachel's apartment- where we all stayed for the weekend. It was so much fun and so relaxing. It was really hard to leave on Saturday night, earlier then everyone else had to leave. But I had to come back to my norhern town to work on Sunday. I cried a lot little on the way home.

Hope you're having a great Tuesday!
Love, a future Mrs

No comments:

Post a Comment