July 12, 2011

Wedding Wednesday (on a Tuesday)

I'm doing my normal Wednesday posts on Tuesday this week because I'm leaving for camp today and my computer isn't always cooperative... Grr...

151 days to go!!

What did I get done in the last week?
*I made an appointment with the florist
*I talked to the printing company about invites
*I ordered our Save the Date magnets and this is what they look like:
I love them! And I can not wait for them to get here so that I can send them out to all of our friends and family!

*****

Wedding #3
Andy & Jenny
July 2nd
Overall experience: 8. The church was really hot which was distracting. The reception was fun but the only people I knew were my family, and there wasn't a lot of dancing going on. They didn't do the boquet or garter toss or a dollar dance and I missed all of that "wedding" stuff.
Dress: 10! Jenny looked so beautiful! The dress fit her so well and she had a sparkely belt on that her sister made cuz Jenny couldn't find one in the store that she liked. Amazing. The dress had a train and she had a long veil to match. So beautiful. (Bridesmaids however were just ok.)
Food: 8. Spinach salad with candied walnuts, crumbly cheese, craisins, onions, mandrarin oragnes, and some kind of vingerette dressing. It was yummie. The future Mr. and my sister did not like it as much as I did. For dinner I had the chicken and the future Mr. had the beef. They were both good. The chicken was grilled and came with ricotta cheese, spahgettie noodles, white sauce, and red sauce. I loved it! My sister did not. The beef came with a gravy on top and mashed potatos on the side and steamed veggies. Then there was cake. They had two options: a marble with chocolate filling and a white with raspberry filling. They were both to sweet for me.
They also had a bar with free kegs (Miller Lite and Liney's Honey Wiess) AND 3 wine choices that were FREE all night. Yes please!
Venue: 7 but there wasn't a whole lot they could do about it.
The church was not air conditioned and therefore it was hot. But what could they do about it other then put fans out- which they did. The reception was in the ballroom at the hotel that we stayed at which was nice, we could walk to our room, I like when things are all in one place.

Unrealted to my rankings- this wedding took place on the weekend that is normally our family reunion at our lake cabin. Everyone that is normally at the reunion was at the wedding so we still go to see each other. But, when we were younger we used to go play mini golf at this cool place a few miles from our cabin. Since we couldn't do that this year, and the wedding reception was across the street from the Mall of America in Bloomington, MN 8 of us went there in our dress clothes to ride the log chute ride. SO FUN! The future Mr. was not happy that he got his dress clothes all wet. Oh well, it was fun!

This wedding also sold me on the idea of a seating arraingment at the reception. It was so orderly. I like orderly. I also like plated dinners but the jury is still out on that.

Hope you're having a great day!
Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment