May 23, 2011

happiness

Hi friends! Sorry I've been hit and miss for the last week and a half or so! I feel like my life has been in a constant state of upheavel. I'm looking forward to a weekend where I can just stay home (and maybe do laundry or clean my house...)!

Seriously, on the 9th I went to my parents (just for dinner), then on the 12th I went back to my parents, the 13th was my sister's graduation, the 14th was Synod Assembly, the 15th was senior recognition at church, the 15th was also the future Mr's cousin's confirmation, the 19th I went to mom and dad's then we left for my cousin's graduation in Missouri, back to mom and dad's yesterday and back to my house this morning. I'm so excited that I don't have to pack a bag this weekend and that I don't have to drive anywhere.

I know that sounds like complaining (and it is a little) but mostly it's happiness because I do have a full life and I do have people to go visit and those visits are GREAT!

While I was hanging out with my mom sometime during the weekend of my sister's graduation I made a comment about something and it hit me like a ton of bricks how negetive I sounded. Then later, when my mom said something about one of my sister's new roommates apparently I made a face and my mom said "Oh, I guess she isn't up to your standerds." That did it for me. I decided that I was going to do my best to not complain anymore, to only say nice things. You know that old addage your mom used to say, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all." Well that's what I'm trying to do. I have thought mean things or negetive things but I haven't said them, or at least not as many of them.

I think it's going well.

Some things have tested my new experiment. Like spending a lot of time in the car with my fiance and my parents this weekend (9 hours one way, down and back in less then 4 days), spending the weekend with my cousins, having to be the designated driver on Saturday night, you get the idea.

So here I am, trying to focus on the good things in life, the things that make me happy.

I hope you're having a great day!
Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment