April 29, 2011

fail.

I set my alarm for 4 am this morning to get up and watch the royal wedding. I don't know if I did it because I'm getting married this year. Or because I wanted to be able to say that I watched it. Or why I did. But I did. And I learned that my house is 3 things at 4 am: dark, scary, and cold. I live in a beautiful house that was built sometime between 1910 and 1920. It has thick stone walls. And apparently when the sun isn't beating on my house it's cold.

Anyway, I got up because TLC said their coverage was starting at 4 am (my time, CST) what they didn't tell me was that the wedding didn't really start until 5 am. That the first hour was just people arriving at Westminster Abbey. Boring. I fell back asleep. But I did wake up at 5:12 and saw Kate Middleton walking down he aisle with her dad. So cute. It makes me really excited to walk down the aisle with my dad. Althought the aisle at my parents church is waayyy shorter! I caught bits and pieces of the ceremony inbetween my periods of shut eye. I must have fallen back asleep because the next thing I knew the sun was shining in my bedroom windows and my clock said that it was just after 9. My TV was still on and I noticed that TLC still have coverage of the wedding. But everyone was still going to Westminster Abbey. TLC did not tell me that they would be replaying coverage of the wedding right away!! I was not a happy girl. But I did get to see Kate leave the hotel with her dad. Then arrive at the Abbey, process down the aisle (again), then I watched the rest of the ceremony (I stayed awake this time), and watched them leave as Duke and Duchess for Buckingham Palace. I didn't get to see them come back out and kiss (twice aparently!!) because I had to come to work. But I'm sure it'll be on the news later.

And oh my gosh!! Wasn't her dress beautiful? I was worried that she would wear something more form fitting, and more "fashion-y" kind of like what her sister Pippa wore. Pippa looked beautiful, but what was with the white?! Kate would have looked beautiful in the dress that Pippa had on (she'd look beautiful in anything) but I think that the dress she went with was more approriate for a future Queen and I think she'll be happier when she looks back on their wedding pictures in 20 years. I hope I'm happy when I look back on my pictures in 20 years. I should be, I love my dress. But it looks nothing like Kate's.

I haven't talked to Molly since the Saturday that we did post prom. I was starting to think that she was mad at me. I text her this morning and asked if everything was ok. It was, she's just been super busy. I mean the woman has 2 jobs, a senior, an 8th grader, and a 5th graders. She has a lot on her plate. But she did make time to have lunch with me today. It was nice to catch up on life with her.

Now I'm just getting a few things done at work (on my day off) then I have to go home and clean. But I would much rather go play outside, or take a nap outside. It's beautiful here in Nothern MN  today (finally)!!

Hope you're having a great day!
Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment