April 18, 2011

Dear OldNavy.com

I am sick. Really. I have a terrible head cold. My nose is stuffy and runny at the same time. I'm coughing and sneezing everywhere. I sound funny. I have a headache. It's hard to breathe. I can't breathe through my nose. And my lips are really really dry- they hurt.

After work I went to put gas in the future Mr.'s truck. I'm driving it again this week because he barrowed my car. He's working in Grand Maris this week and my car gets waayyy better gas milage. But that means that I had to put gas in a big truck. It was BARELY under HALF a tank and it cost me $60 to fill up!!!! I don't know how he does it. That's crazy!! I text him to let him know that I was ready to have my car back.

Then I went to Maurice's to see if they had anything nice to wear for Easter. Since I work at a church, Easter is kind of a busy day for us and lots of people are there, so it's important that I look nice. That and I like shopping. But this head cold, and the fact that I had just spent $60 on gas meant that I was not really in the mood to shop.

So I came home, made dinner, poured a glass of wine, and decided it was time to buy that swing coat I was drooling over at alloy.com. Just to jog your memory, this is what it looks like:
I ordered it in Ivory and I intend to wear it with my wedding dress. I ordered it bigger then I thought I needed. I figured I can always have Kari take it in for me. I would rather have to have it taken in then have it be to tight. And it didn't cost anything to go up a size. But the shipping was rediculous! $10.50?? What is that?

Then I thought I'd head on over to oldnavy.com and see if they had any cute dresses for summer. The future Mr. and I have no less then 5 weddings to go to this summer. So I have to start looking for dresses now. Anyway, that wine that I had with dinner (and the glasses that followed) was not a good combo with oldnavy.com. I could really get myself into trouble there!! Thank goodness I found some will power! They do have a deal where you get free shipping on orders over $50 so I was shooting to go over but not way over. And here is what I ended up with:

I LOVE this dress! I'm really hoping that the reviews turn out to be true because they're good. And this would look so cute with my white jean jacket (also from ON) and wedges that are woven on the bottom and white canvas on top. I'm excited for this one.
I ordered these sandals because I already have a pair. I wear them all the time and they're almost worn through. I got them 2 summers ago and they didn't have them last summer! So when I saw them I thought I better scoop up a pair!

I love this outfit, but I did NOT buy it. On top there is a jacket, a t-shirt and a tank top. Just those 3 items totaled almost $78 dollars. Lame. And the pants are skinny and they have zippers on the bottom on the outisde seam. No thanks.

Then I was looking through the sale section of the regular size clothes because I'm borderline plus size. I can wear the smaller plus sizes or the larger regular sizes. I'm ok with it (most days).
I found this gray tank top. Almost exactly the same as the plus size one but $3 cheaper. I added it to my cart.
Then I found this shirt. Now, it's a regular v neck tee instead of a shirt whereas the plus size one was a rouched one. But it's the same color and it was $9.50 cheaper!

Then I remembered that I have a khaki colored jacket with 3 brown toggle buttons from American Eagle (sorry it's at least 3 years old- I couldn't find a picture online) that would kind of complete the same look. A woo hoo! I'll take a picture when I get it all put together so you (and I) can see how close I came to completeing the $78 look for only $20.

*****

This past weekend was the prom here in my northern town. And we had a snowstorm. Yuck. But it was still a nice day. The future Mr. and I went to the grand march to see a bunch of my church kiddos all dressed up. And seeing the boys in their tuxes made me think that I can't wait to see my future Mr. in a tux. It will be the first time I see him really dressed up. The most dressed up I've ever seen him was khaki's, a black shirt, and a white tie that I bought and forced him to wear (that was for your wedding Ashley!). So I'm excited to see that handsom man all dressed up. Anyway- the kids all looked so pretty.

Then after the prom some of the churches in town organize a post prom party. From midnight to 5 am. It kicked my butt. That is why I'm sick. But this year was better then last. We had a 164 kids that came and 106 that stayed until 5 am. Last year we had a 124 and 75 respectivly. And we gave away some awesome prizes this year: a 19" TV, a 32" TV, a 17" laptop, a Kindle, 2 Kuerig coffee makers, sweatshirts, t-shirt, a pair of Oakleys, coupons for pizzas, french fries, offda tacos, taco john's tacos, an iTunes gift card, a digital camera, 3 iPod docks. And that's just the stuff that I can think of right now. It was crazy.

Then after that, I came home and slept for an hour, got up showered and got ready and went to church to introduce the kids that are getting confirmed in 2 weeks and help with the pancake breakfast. I didn't get home until almost noon. Then I cooked lunch for the future Mr. and fell asleep. He woke me up to say goodbye at 3. Then I slept again until 6. Then I went to bed at 10. And slept until 8 this morning. And as soon as I'm done writing this, I'm going to bed again. After staying up all night and having to work the next morning, and feeling like crap, I'm tired.

*****

Today I got my first ever blog swap gift package in the mail!! Thanks Wendy!! You can check out her blog here. I got some really cute stuff. A decorate Easter egg, an Easter egg candle, some chocolates, a note pad/pen set, and a set of notecard that I can use to send people Easter cards, among other things. It was my first blog swap and I wasn't really sure how it was going to work. Until I got my package today I didn't understand that Wendy and I were "partners" I guess I thought it would be like a big circle, not necessarily a 2 person thing. But that's fine.

It was weird to shop for someone that you don't even know. I walked aimlessly through the store for a while with no ideas. I did have a list of her likes/dislikes/favorite things. But that doesn't mean I would know what she would like from a store! I ended up getting Easter things. I got her 4 glass blown Easter egg ornaments, an Easter egg filled with M&M's, and a set of Lindt truffles. Then I made her an Easter card and I crocheted a flower and adhered it to a bobby pin for her.

Thanks to Samantha who hosted the swap!! I'll totally take part again!

*****

One last random note: last night I caught the Wizard of Oz on TV. Hands down, my favorite movie ever. I fell asleep just before Dorothy and the Wizard get in the hot air balloon. But that's ok, I know how it ends :)

Sorry that was rambely and kind of disjointed. It's been a long day.

Love, a future Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment